Monday, June 21, 2010

The Word Illustrated #49--Being the difference


Photobucket


Can’t see the image? Visit http://thewordillustrated.blogspot.com


The Word Illustrated #49
© Pamyla Floyd
6/21/2010

Being the difference

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your selves – James 1:22

Most of us without hesitation can think back to someone, be it a former educator, parent, friend or relative who made a difference in our life. Just as many of us, I’m sure, can remember when a stranger showed us favor that made a big difference in our lives.. WE also, can be a blessing to others. All it takes is a ”YES Lord, use me to bless someone else” attitude.

When we stop looking at our circumstances and put the focus on someone else, coupled with the YES attitude, God can and will do miraculous things in us and through us. It is not about power,recognition, or about fame; it is about doing what the bible says that we ought to do anyway. Some of you reading this can attest to being given a seat, a meal, fresh clean clothes or hot water to bath in. Because of things we have faced it should be easier to put problems in the capable hands of Jesus. We all come from different backgrounds and we each have unique and interesting stories of how the Lord provided in the darkest of days. WE should not want anyone else to fee the loneliness, pain or despair we did. Life is hard enough and we can be the difference in another’s life, if we allow God to use us.

I’m not saying to do the work of the Lord so that you can be rewarded, but believe me, you cannot outgive God. The bible says that He loves a cheerful giver! WE must however, be prayerful and led by His Holy Spirit.. If we try the spirit by the Spirit as the bible suggests we can never go wrong. I remember being sick, and not having any food. A friend came by, out of the blue, and crammed my refrigerator with food! When I asked her why, she simply stated that she had been in the same situation, and knew how it felt to be without.

Now, is she a doer of the word or what! I did not call her and ask for food, but I did call out to my Heavenly Father and He supplied all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. God is truly awesome! When I tried to repay her, she told me to bless someone else in need. Remember, man looks on the outward apperance, but it is God who looks on the heart. Be a doer of the word, be the difference and abundantly blessed!

God bless,
Pamyla

If you want to know how to ask Jesus into your heart, or want help in leading someone to Christ, please visit my Salvation page. If you want prayer or need help finding scriptures to stand on, please email me: thewordillustrated at yahoo dot com

Reference Scriptures:
James 2:16 – And one of you usay unto them Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Matthew 25:43 – I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not

Note: The animated image is of woman. Her life has been changed, because someone stepped up, to be the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment