Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Word Illustrated #64--Thank You!

Artwork by Pamyla

The Word Illustrated #64
© Pamyla Floyd
11/08/2010

Thank You

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; -- James 1:2

"Wakin' up in the morning seeing the sunrise, because of oyou, I Thank You Lord!" These are words from a song entitled "Be Thankful" by Natalie Cole. I heard it last week, and it has been replaying over and over again in my head. As I meditated on the words I thought about my own life and what Jesus means to me.

You knew that You would be betrayed, yet You expressed love for one another, how to inherit the kingdom of God, and how to live abundant lives in this place, which is not our home.

You wore a crown of thorns, pressed into your skull, and took 39 lashes from whips borne of leather, with sharpened metal and broken pottery woven into them. For miles You carried the cross, to which you would endure unimaginable pain, as nails were driven into your hands and feet. You hung there, in the heat, naked and beaten beyond recognizion. You were spat on, and labored to breathe; yet you still forgave us. You could have called angels to minister to you, but for love you didn't. On the third day, just as you promised, you returned. You hold the keys of hell and of death. The tomb is empty. Our faith is not in vain.

I say Thank You Lord!", triumpumphantly and with a shout that travels from the very depths of my soul. Unhibited, unashamed and with great joy, I'm thankful that I am here another day to start over again. I'm thankful that I have another chance to make things right with failed relationships. I'm thankful that I can read Your word; praise and worship you in total freedom.

It is well with my soul. You are the author and finisher of my faith and I will run this race with patience. Thank you Lord, for all you have done! I know know what real life is. It is because of you that I’m free. When you don’t know what else to say, just say “Thank you!”

God bless,
Pamyla

If you want to know how to ask Jesus into your heart, please visit my Salvation page. If you want prayer or need help finding scriptures to stand on, please email me: thewordillustrated at yahoo dot com

Reference Scriptures:

Colossians 3:15 -- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful

Matthew 10:28 -- And fear not them which kill the body, but, are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

Note: The illustration is of the crown of thorns that was placed on our Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment