Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Word Illlustrated #54--Volunteer Service

http://thewordillustrated.blogspot.com

The Word Illustrated #54
© Pamyla Floyd
7/29/2010

Volunteer Service

With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: -- Ephesians 6:7

Volunteer--a person who voluntarily undertakes or expresses a willingness to undertake a service

About 3 years ago, I was praying and searching for a new church home. I’ve always been a volunteer at heart, and really wanted to get back into God’s service. My prayers were answered when the Lord sent me to Amazing Grace Church. In that place, He gave me all that I asked for and more.

I spoke with a friend who I highly regarded in the faith, and excitedly told her what happened to me. Her reaction stunned me. She said “Sister So and So said to sit down for a year and watch, before you get involved and worn out”. I realized then, that she had only talked about serving God, instead of actually doing it.

I’m not speaking on this to put anyone down, (I let her know that she was given the wrong advice). My point is that service to God is never wrong. It is unequalled to anything you or I will ever do in the service of man. If you are worried about waht you do, or what others will say, please know that you have been played by satan. Check your motives. Do you want to be seen by others for praise or are you thankful to the Lord for what He has done and want to bless Him back? You can NEVER out give God. The interest He pays far exceeds any other return!

I am thankful to be in a place, where the pastors encourage us to use our gifts and talents to honor God. My personal and spiritual growth has been accelerated since giving my whole heart to serving the Lord. You don’t have to pray about this, it is God’s will that we serve Him. It’s time to get off the pew, stop complaining, get in there, and do what we do best.

WE are all born with different talents, gifts and abilities, and even those we used in the world, can be turned around and used for the glory of God. How can you bless the Lord today? Be willing to allow Him to use you, you won’t regret it. Infact, you will wonder why you didn’t do so sooner.

God bless,
Pamyla

If you want to know how to ask Jesus into your heart, or want help in leading someone to Christ, please visit my Salvation page. If you want prayer or need help finding scriptures to stand on, please email me: thewordillustrated at yahoo dot com

Reference Scriptures:

Proverbs 16:7 – When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him

I Peter 4:19 -- Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator

Note: The illustration is of a hand raised up. It symbolizes a hand raised and ready for service

No comments:

Post a Comment