Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Word Illustrated #11--I Corinthian 13:11




The Word Illustrated#11
© PamYla Floyd
08/07/2008

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things--I Corinthians 13:11

The behaviors we had as children should change when we become adults. If they rule our lives; IE how we react, talk to and treat others etc, it is because satan has used what worked for us as a child to infact become the very strong hold over us as adults.

We are usually the last ones to find out about problems around us, and this is because we behave in such a childish manner, that even those who love us, do not want to have to deal with us.

Satan deceives, blinds and hardens our hearts so that we are unwilling to allow the power of God to transform us. Our growth becomes stunted and we often feel mistreated and left out.

We can all experience the truth that we are overcomers in Christ, but we must be willing to go before God, asking Him to remove all things within us, that are not like Him.

God bless,

Pamyla

No comments:

Post a Comment