Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Word Illustrated #26--II Corinthians 1:3-4



The Word Illustrated#26
© PamYla floyd
11/30/2009

What a wonderful God we have--he is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strenghtens us in our hardships and trials. And why does he do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.-- II Corinthians 1:3-4 TLB

Two weeks ago I dislocated and broke my ankle. I was at a neighbor's house and without panic she immediately took off my shoe, got an ice pack and wrapped my ankle. She then got me into the hospital. When I looked down, my foot was laying over to the right of my leg, and reminded me of something from a horror movie.

God is so good! We were in and out in 4 hours and then He had a wonderful couple from my church who offered to take me in. I stayed in their home for a week. What a blessing! Although I had to spend most of my time in bed with my leg raised it was such a beautiful week. I was with people who loved me and who I loved. I ate well, laughed hard, studied a lot and experienced many close and tender moments with the Lord.

I now know how to help a person who does not have anyone to see after them. What a blessing we can be to others if we only say YES! When we bless others we begin to see awesome things happening in our lives as well. The favor of God begins to run ahead and overtake us in all areas of our lives. God always gives us opportunities to say YES to a new blessing.

When was the last time you said yes? Are there things that you have been earnestly seeking the Lord about? Have you wondered why He has not answered yet? Let's purpose in our hearts to be used by Him to bless others. The Lord will not ask us to do anything we are not able to do. Lord, not my will, but Thy will be done in my life. Let's all say YES!

God Bless,

Pamyla

Reference Scriptures:
Psalms 1:3
III John 1:2

**The image is of a leg in bandages with wiggling toes**.

No comments:

Post a Comment